Monday, November 5, 2007

Sugar Cookies!

Decorating sugar cookies is one of my favorite things to do. There is something relaxing about icing the cookies that I love. I went to my friend Katy's house to make the cookies. I was feeling lazy earlier in the day so instead of making sugar cookie dough from scratch, I just bought a tube of Pilsbury. It was on sale and I have a coupon so it was only $1.50 which is probably pretty close the cost of homemade. Katy made cream cheese frosting for the cookies. When I got to her house, she told me she forgot that she didn't have a rolling pin, so we had to make due with a Pam can.

We colored the icing in many different colors.

After many hours of decorating we were finally finished. Here is my cookie family. John is on the left in the orange shirt, Zerbie is in the middle, and I am on the right in the pink dress.

My grandpa is in town and asked if he could have some of the cookies so I made a couple espcially for him. He likes to buy old cars and fix them up. So I made his maroon car and yellow car.

Here is a plate of our wonderful cookies. The airplane is a Beta Theta Pi airplane. That is the fraternity the John and Katy's boyfriend Kyle are in. Katy loves pink and is from Texas and loves pink so I made her a pink cowboy hat. The heart is a world.

Another yummy plate of cookies. Katy tried to make a palm tree, but it looks more like a stalk of celery. :)

Here we are after the cookie making adventure.


2 comments:

Mrs. Nateq said...

That is so cute, good lookin' cookies and the the ones with icying look good too, lol. Happy cookie cooking....next time bring some to work (hee hee).

iambellaluna said...

OMG. I love this blog. Those cookie's look yum. I might have to jack this.