Monday, November 12, 2007

Thanksgiving! (Just a couple of weeks early...)

This past weekend I had "Thanksgiving" at my house. We are going to Louisiana to visit John's grandma and extended family on Thanksgiving, but we still wanted to have a dinner with John's mom and step-dad. I'm busy this weekend, so we decided to do it yesterday (Sunday).


Saturday I went to the store and bought a turkey (I know, very last minute...) and all the fixin's. I was going to just make an apple pie, but John put on his sad face and asked me to pretty pretty please make him a pumpkin pie, so I obliged. I made the pies on Saturday so we would have the oven free on Sunday for the turkey and dressing. Denise (John's mom) brought mashed potatoes, greenbean casserole, and rolls.


My first ever turkey!

Apple Pie

Pumpkin Pie

John and I


2 comments:

kyla said...

Nina your pumpkin pie looked wonderful I love the little pumpkins, and good job on the turkey!!!

Mrs. Nateq said...

Everything looks not only yummy but beautiful too! And that's the way it should be! Great job, Nina...YOU are Nina HOMEMAKER!!! I love the look of your pies, they are so beautiful...and yes, I'm going to try that too! Your turkey and dressing have such a beautiful color! I'm so glad you took pictures. HAPPY (early) THANKSGIVING!