Wednesday, October 3, 2007

4th of July Dessert

This is one of my favorite desserts. It is usually advertised as a 4th of July dessert, but could easy be served on Labor Day, Flag Day, Memorial Day, or any other day that it sounds good on. :)




Ingredients:
Pound cake (I prefer Sarah Lee), cut into bit sized pieces
Strawberries, wash and cut into halves
Blueberries
Whipped Cream (I use low fat)

Directions:
In a clear glass dish place a layer of pound cake, then a layer of whipped cream, then strawberries and blueberries. Continue layers until the dish is full. Cover everything with a layer of whipped cream. Then, arrange the rest of the blueberries and strawberries into a flag design on the top. Enjoy!



2 comments:

Mrs. Nateq said...

That not only looks yummy but pretty too! ......and when are you going to fix this for the office?!?

April said...

This is pretty! Mom bought me a trifle bowl for a wedding gift and she has been dying for me to use it. :)